2010-11-07



At dawn, it is the scenery of a platform near London. If I didn't say it is London, it wouln't look that different from a platform somewhere in Korea. I have been always a urban girl. I was born in a city. I was brought up in a city. And I settled down in another city after my thirties. My trajectory goes from a city to another.

Life is going along at its own pace, sometimes slow sometimes fast. My life shifts different times through different spaces and my work is to patternise and metaphorise those different realities. Metaphor(meta-phorein) in the original sense as in Greek it means 'transportation'...

I am grateful for this Hope's invitation that we create (a) performance(s) together as international artists. I don't know how we will shape or where we will arrive, but this is an exciting new journey through spaces and times....

2 comments:

  1. In terms of Performance, I have the same feelings as you do. How about we just let it flow and start dreaming from nothing or something then?

    I am always calling you Jiwon. Can you tell me more about the name Hayan? I assumed there's a story behind it, ha~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayan is my company name. 'Hayan Theatre Lab'. Hayan is Korean word meaning 'white'. I don't know why but white has been important colour whatever I create. White is potentiality that can turn into another colour any minute. White paper is for anything to be written or drawn. Some people say white is perfectionist's colour. Or others say that white means death. I think all of them are right and all those meaning strongly appeals to me....Like your name 'Hope', you could call me Hayan...

    ReplyDelete