2010-11-15

Walking in Your Past

Jiwon,


I prefer to call your real name...


I felt very excited when reading your letter about your childhood with your grandmother in Young Cheon Market. So I decided to leave my team and found the market by myself. It was happened around two weeks ago and I didn't have time to put things in order. Now I am writing my past which is your past as well. It seems to me another interesting occurrence to me.


Ddeok 
Traditional Korean rice cakeI bought a pack of colorful rice for testing. I thought each color would have different flavors but actually not... they all tasted similar or the same... filled with sesame paste.













내복 Underwear
My Korean friend Soyoon told me this is not old fasion anymore. Some of young people still wear this kind of complete set, costed about 22,000 Won.

 서대문 Seo dae Mun

Independent Gate
One of my favorite photos, shot in the middle part of pedestrian zebra from Young Cheon Market to Independent Gate. I didn't have time to walk inside of the park, maybe together with you next time.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! How thrilling to see the places in my memory once again. It actually remain nearly the same as before excetp the fancy pedestrian light...oh, and the tent looks more sturdy seems they invested some money to strengthen the structure...All in all it is so touching ...and odd at the same time...
    Hope I want to know more about your life. You said there are things in common. From this visit, what could you think of your moments or things in your life? Or tell me any moment of your life related market...J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes, I would like to show you the market near my Taiwan house but I don't have any in hand. It is really long and has many divisions, but not so well-organized and clean as Young Cheon Market. I enjoy shopping this kind of traditional market because I can steel myself to bargian prices with 아줌마. It's a part of learning to be more mother-like...hahaha

    ReplyDelete