2010-10-22

Gongju Flowers


Jiwon,

I like flowers in the ground, better than the ones in the flowerpot for sale, or the ones fractured and arranged artificially in beautiful vases. The art village school where I'm staying now has many kinds of flowers around. The growth of their own attitudes are so overwhelming, even the dead ones stand still elegantly.


I don't have much knowledge of flower names or their messages. I believe I would be more joyful if I know about each kind well, as if I am delighted by knowing you from how you deal with all those little daily trifles.


When I did the bow down to the ground in the temple, I should open my hands and palms up to the sky. One of the sayings to this gesture is presenting lotus flowers for lifting Buddha. In this way, I already have flowers in hands without asking from others.

Maybe, this is part of the awareness of Seon in life.
("Seon" is Zen in Koren).

1 comment:

  1. I love these 'cosmos' flowers in your picture, Hope. They are beatiful. It definitely the sign of autumn in Korea.
    I like you saying Seon moment. Perhaps we could use the movement in our performance...

    ReplyDelete