2010-10-23

Want Some Black Coffee?



Jiwon,

The previous two times when I were in Korea, I found out the people here are used to drink instant coffee in a small bar-pack mixed milk and suger inside already. To me, I can't say that is a proper coffee for my morning stomach. This is perhaps my least requirement of a day.

This time, I brought my grained coffee and Vietnam-style coffee maker. However, I spend about a week time to find out the best way of making. Now the process of making becomes a sort of coffee ceremony to me. Once in a day (normally in the morning) I would prepare the tools and materials to the kitchen. As the water is boilded in the kettle, I will arrange everything properly set on the table. The total making time for one cup of coffee costs about 10 minutes.

From the picture you may ask: why not simplely adapt myself to instant coffee then? Actually I do drink it once or twice since I arrived Korea. I really can't like it......so I prefer not to disorder my digestive system.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Hope

    I love coffee. I cannot go on without coffee. When I leave the house, I carry a tumbler full of filter coffee and enjoy sipping while I read on the bus. It is the way I open the day in London.

    In Korea, I enjoy going to the Starbucks right next to Hongdae. It is my working place. The place I live or work shifts, but the taste of coffee remains the same here or there.
    This coherent sensual experience somehow became a part of my identity, it seems....

    ReplyDelete